Friday

MUSIC #3 -Taylor Swift

First of all I now have 40 blog followers so thank you to everyone for all the support! I also did an interview with Abbie over at her blog, where she asked some great questions, so if you want to see it all you have to do is take a look at Abbie Piano. My latest poll closed a few days ago and your favourite book series is Harry Potter by J.K Rowling with 46% of the votes.


My music post this week is about Taylor Swift. I adore Taylor's music because she does not only write her own lyrics, but they mean something and come from life experiences. She's also young(Only 22) and has achieved so much. Her songs are so powerful and her songs are always really easy to pick up and sing along too. They are about relationships and breakup's so you felt he emotion coming through her lyrics and I think that is what makes her songs so great, because there relatable. Ronan, is about a really tough life experience and Taylor Swift is so talented to be able to write about such a painful experience and bring such a strong message across.


Safe & Sound is from The Hunger Games album and features The Civil Wars! This song is beautiful, fantastic and the lyrics are perfect for the story it's telling. Safe & Sound has a different but unique sound, which makes it my favourite Taylor Swift song.


'We are Never Ever Getting Back Together' is another of my favourite songs by Taylor Swift as it has a really upbeat and fun sound and lyrics. It's another new and different style for Taylor but the tune is amazing and it's a song that you can't help singing constantly.


Written by Taylor Swift this song is for Stand Up To Cancer and is about a four year old boy called Ronan who lost his fight to Cancer. The lyrics and song are so moving.


Love Story was the first of Taylor's songs that I really noticed and I fell in love with her sound. The tune, the lyrics and her unique voice make this song perfect! She makes this well-known love story her own.


I actually didn't realize this song was one of Taylor Swift's until I was going through her songs on YouTube and singing along! I love this song but also the video. It's looking back over the memories she's had with this boy.




I can't wait until her new album RED is released on the 22nd October! Her latest single for the album RED entitled RED(Because it is the colour of the emotion of love) is out now, but because there is no official video and all the other's are copyright, you can find it on youtube!(By the way it's fantastic!). 

7 comments:

  1. I feel the same about Taylor. Her lyircs are really powerful but fun too. Congrats on reaching forty followers. You absolutely deserve it!! Thanks ao much for getting the message out there about my interview with you. I'm really grateful for that. I've organised a creative writing competition and I'd love if you could taje part. You'd be the perfect person. All of the details are in my September section. -Abbie. P.S - I really enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Taylor's songs both give out a message and are fun at the same time! No problem in getting the message out about the interview! Your questions were great! Of course I'll enter your competition, will take a look at it and send my entry a.s.a.p!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sophie

      Delete
  2. Congratz on 40 followers. I love Taylor and she is my role model. She has such elegance and kindness and that warmth definitely comes through in her songs. She is my idol and she is one of the few fab celebs that have managed to stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's definnately one of my inspirations too! I agree, her songs give out such a strong warmth, thanks for commenting!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I totally agree. I adore Taylor Swift, and have since Love story (that's 3 years ago- wow)
    There isn't a song that I don't like that she has written.
    I can't wait for Red!!!
    Marian :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I remember when I was singing along to that song on the radio! I'm so excited for RED roll on Christmas!
      Sophie:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise