Monday

Poetry: Knife Point

I haven't written a poem in a while; even though I adore doing it. With only one exam left, I really wanted to post something, just while I catch up on some other work.

I hope you like it!

Sharp like a knife point,
Your strangled cry.
Red like a thorn-pricked finger,
There's blood on the tiles.
 
Cracked like a mirror,
Your memories; fragmented, they are.
Sketched like a storyboard,
Woven, those intricate lies.

Broken like a clock,
Your arms stretch out, stuck.
Bruises decorate them like a colouring book,
Bones snapped in two.
 
Pure like a child's innocence,
Your life, for a while.
Written like a saga,
No, don't tell another lie.
 
Trapped, a wild-animal,
Your writhing, your caught.
Hunted like a killer,
Though, that's what you are.
 
Trailed, like a criminal,
Your show; maybe your parade.
Broadcast, they will question,
Everything you don't stay.

Before I sign-off, I thought I'd just give you a quick book update! I'm currently reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and it must be one of my favourite reads so far this year! It's so much fun - and I love the whole fan fiction storyline!

Just a quick note to say this poem belongs to me - Sophie Louise - and should not be copied/used elsewhere without permission.
 
 So, what did you think?
Tell me in the comments!

Sophie
x
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, I really love the imagery! Especially the moves between dark and light, from things like 'knife', 'thorn-pricked' and 'blood' to 'colouring book' and 'innocence.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! I think writing the imagery is my favourite part!

      -Sophie :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise